You never know where you will find your next adventure… you might look down and find it right under your feet!
Lemon Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar for topping
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, stir the sugar and lemon zest together then stir into flour mixture.
- Mix the lemon juice with the milk and let sit for a few minutes before whisking in the egg and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until ingredients are combined, then fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop into greased muffin pan or muffin cups and top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 23 minutes, making sure that finished muffins pass the toothpick test.